FmN stuff

Blog posts related to FilmmakersNetwork.ie

1. You wait for an article...

... and three come along at once.

Just posted up a great interview with award-winning cinematographer PJ Dillon written by Ian Campbell (RGI). Over the next few days I'll be posting an article by Frank Kelly on the getting your film into festivals and one from Alec Moore on buying and kitting out a DSLR for filmmaking.

Once all three are live I'll send out the next newsletter to promote them.

Thanks to the authors of the articles and hope you enjoy reading ...
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  2. Our first sponsor!

Muziko.com - Ireland's online music library -have become our first sponsor.

Which is why you can see their logo in the header of every page. Give it a click to find out about their services and listen to the music they have available to license for your production.
    Tags: music, sponsor Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  3. Has FilmmakersNetwork.ie helped you make a film? If so we want to see it!

For our 5th birthday we're planning a couple of special events. One thing we'd like to do it compile a clip of all the films that FmN.ie has helped make.

Maybe you put a casting call on the site? Maybe you asked a question about lighting or editing? Maybe you met crew through the Network? Maybe you generated the whole film through the site? If so we'd love it if you'd send us a still and/or a short clip from your film. Make sure you include some details about the film, crew, cast, ...
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  4. Newsletter

Been planning for a while to start sending out a regular newsletter to our members that will feature and highlight the new content on the site. So I've been doing research on the best way to do this.

The inbuilt email system in the forum software isn't great and I've been evaluating services such as MailChimp and Vertical Response which can send out nicely formatted emails to the thousands of people on our mailing list. Only thing is they cost about $50 a month.

MailChimp ...
    Tags: stats Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  5. Week 1

Generally very good reaction to the new site. Which is nice!

Very happy to see the interest in the articles, speaking of which we have a new one written by Kevin Glynn on the making of his short Cairdeas and working with the late, great Mick Lally. Go read it now! I'm looking to add a new article or two every Friday. If you'd like to contribute drop me a PM.

Stats-wise we've raised 11.49 so far with the Google ads which will be just over 500 for the year. Will cover ...
    Categories
    FmN stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FilmmakersNetwork.ie is Ireland's largest filmmaking community, an Irish networking space for people who want to make films. For everyone from novices to busy professionals, it's a place to make contacts, share opinions, discuss movies, contribute ideas, discover talent, build creative relationships and make films.