Writing

Post about my writing

1. Waiting and hoping

I have a number of applications I'm waiting to hear back on at the moment. Namely a First Draft Loan, two Short Shorts, one Reality Bites and a pitch to the Fleadh comp.

Plus a couple of more film festival entries for Daylight Saving Time. Got a request from the Rio Film Festival to apply so holding out a bit more hope on that one.

Which is the problem. There's just way too much wishing and hoping and thinking and waiting in this filmmaking game, to paraphrase Burt ...
    Categories
    My films , Writing
  2. Writing a new feature script in a month?

I'm in a screenwriters group that meets every fortnight but we've decided to skip a meeting and set a challenge to generate new work by giving ourselves a month write a new screenplay.

So that was a week and half ago and I've not even started mine.

In between the day job, I'm currently working on a feature treatment, a TV sitcom, a TV two part drama and those shorts I need to get around to for the upcoming deadlines.

I like to do a lot of prep on a feature ...
    Categories
    Writing
FilmmakersNetwork.ie is Ireland's largest filmmaking community, an Irish networking space for people who want to make films. For everyone from novices to busy professionals, it's a place to make contacts, share opinions, discuss movies, contribute ideas, discover talent, build creative relationships and make films.