All Blog Entries

1. Actors Wanted!!!

I am currently producing a 5minute short called The Trip. I am looking for a girl between the ages of 20-25 to play the part of two twins. The short is about life, drugs and choices. The shooting dates are the 26th till the 31st of January, in Dublin city. If you are interested and would like to know the audition times you can contact me on 0852441230 or by email at ciarag29@hotmail.com.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Stats

Did you know that FilmmakersNetwork.ie had over 4 million page views last year and also in 2010 we had over 500,000 individual site visits. With my third level maths skills that's a healthy 8 pages per visit. We've hit 50,000 posts and are approaching 10,000 threads. The RTÉ/Storyland thread is our most popular with over 30,000 views.

4 million page views though! That's a lot...

And it's our 5th birthday this July. Must do something to mark the occasion....
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  3. New FilmmakersNetwork.ie

Hope you like the new site.
    I'll just run through a few of the new features here.

1. New homepage with specially commissioned articles/content. As you can see FilmmakersNetwork.ie isn't just a forum any more. We now have a space for more in depth articles - what I call fixed content. The forum just wasn't the best place for detailed articles and analysis as they'd just get lost in the chatter too quickly.

And what a way to start with two excellent articles. One by Frank Kelly
    Categories
    FmN stuff
  4. It always takes longer than you think...

Okay so I'd done all the prep. Installed a test copy of the site on the new server, upgraded the forum software, did the design edits and added the new features. Took a couple of days, figured I could do it in half that with what I'd learned.

Confident I could switch the site off Wednesday and have it back by Friday. I thought at one point I'd surprise everyone by getting it done a day early. Then it started to go wrong.

Database got damaged so I had to start from scratch. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
FilmmakersNetwork.ie is Ireland's largest filmmaking community, an Irish networking space for people who want to make films. For everyone from novices to busy professionals, it's a place to make contacts, share opinions, discuss movies, contribute ideas, discover talent, build creative relationships and make films.