Jason Butler

Waiting and hoping

Rate this Entry
I have a number of applications I'm waiting to hear back on at the moment. Namely a First Draft Loan, two Short Shorts, one Reality Bites and a pitch to the Fleadh comp.

Plus a couple of more film festival entries for Daylight Saving Time. Got a request from the Rio Film Festival to apply so holding out a bit more hope on that one.

Which is the problem. There's just way too much wishing and hoping and thinking and waiting in this filmmaking game, to paraphrase Burt Bacarach.

Submit "Waiting and hoping" to Digg Submit "Waiting and hoping" to del.icio.us Submit "Waiting and hoping" to StumbleUpon Submit "Waiting and hoping" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Writing , My films

Comments

Yeh jayo it would drive you mad. I go through a phase of phoning around lookin for work too just to avoid the waiting game. Phase now over..now waiting...
    I believe congrats are in order re IFB loan. Good luck with script.
FilmmakersNetwork.ie is Ireland's largest filmmaking community, an Irish networking space for people who want to make films. For everyone from novices to busy professionals, it's a place to make contacts, share opinions, discuss movies, contribute ideas, discover talent, build creative relationships and make films.