Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Default Sit In Monday 14th May

Filmbase, Dublin.
    7:30pm to 9:30pm and then onto pub.

Programme for the May meeting:

* Welcome & News

* Announcement of Script of the Month winner.

* Project pitches: What each of us is working on at the moment.

* Members Screening: Screening of a number of members' shorts with a 10 minute Q&A after each one (if director/writer/producer/etc... is present). If you would like to show / present your film please post details below.

* Swapzone! Bring along film type stuff you'd like to barter for other film stuff type or just give away to a deserving member.

* Plans for Sit-in / FilmmakersNetwork.ie

The Sit In's are FilmmakersNetwork.ie's monthly meetings. It's an informal place to meet with other filmmakers, to help get collaboration going, show and discuss our work and generally keep up the energy bubbling away around this site.

All filmmakers are welcome - whether a member of FN.ie or not - so do come along.

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Default Two other things

At the last Sit In we agreed that a Special Pitch Session might be a good idea.

Here people would pitch their projects to the group and gain valuable feedback on the style and approach of the pitch itself and also on the project. Directors, producers, writers all have to pitch their projects to everyone from other filmmakers, production companies, studio execs, funders, friends and family.

Doing your project justice and getting people interested in it in 3 to 5 minutes can be hard. So hands up who'd like to exercise their pitching skills outside of the pressurized environment of a crucial meeting with possible investor.

If you'd like to join in on session, post below. Plenty of time to write up your one page pitch.

If anyone knows of an industry professional that would be good to invite along for their feedback also please post below and I'll try and get them to come along on the night.

And lastly I really need assistance with organising the Sit Ins each month so if someone would like to volunteer to give me a hand with them and help improve them, again post below. If you've been to one you should know that there's not too much work involved but you will have to chair/co-chair the meeting. Thanks!

I will be there.
    He's not homophobic, but if a guy gets within one meter, he'll run.

Arrow Directions Please

even though we would be coming from Limerick, would you be able to tell us where the Sit in will be on?

Filmbase,
    Curved Street Building,
    Temple Bar,
    Dublin 2.

thanks, look forward to it

Shall be there

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Anyone bring on a film to show? Is so please post details below.

And who's planning on pitching?

Writer
    Ireland-UK-France-Australia

I really, REALLY don't want to do this, but since I have the interview for the GFC funding comp the following Friday it might, just possibly, be good for me to get up and pitch BRIXTON BOB AND THE SECOND STRING.

I feel like I'm really going to regret this - like the time I rang up the Ray Darcy Show and entered their new comedy talent competition, and ended up making a dick of myself on a bus in the car-park of the Montrose Hotel, in front of the Darcy Show team, two blokes from Après-Match, Paddy Courtney, and a bunch of other punters. (I was rotten - I even got slaughtered by Malachy Clerkin in the Sunday Tribune. But I'll get him back... some day...)

But hells Devin, what an experience! :P
    I had a little complication with my complication

Writer

Taught me a very valuable lesson - I do NOT want to be a comedian. Despite what the voices in my head might tell me*.

*Your brain is not necessarily your friend.

Writer

I also have a five-minute short I can show...

I'll be there.

I won't be pitching though. Nothing I'm writing is at the stage where I could do it justice in a pitch.

I will let people know what I'm working on as both editor and writer apres la meeting in Thomas Reed's.

Also - Devin, I promise we'll be kind. And if we're not kind, at least we'll be constructive.

Writer

And I'll try not to camouflage my insecurity with haughty disdain. :-)

i'll see if i can make it up and bring 'Turn' along with me

but I haven't been in Dublin in like years

Default Love to bring a short along... or music video

Well Im not looking for a free pass or anything but... may 14th is my birthday and i can think of few things better than having a chance to screen my short film ULTERIOR for other film-makers and have a chat with them afterwards. Its had 3 public screening before and thay all went down well, Its listed in the my film section with a link to it on youtube.

a poster is attached with this message...

PS: or a music video of mine that was shown on SKY last year...

Hey,

Is the Sit-In still going ahead tonight? I see when I was walking past (passed?!) Filmbase that the building is closed, it being the bank holiday and all.

Anybody have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Paudie View Post
    Hey,

Is the Sit-In still going ahead tonight? I see when I was walking past (passed?!) Filmbase that the building is closed, it being the bank holiday and all.

Anybody have any idea?
    You're a week out Paudie!
    Check the date!

Ah! Now don't I feel foolish.

Should i bring some of my stuff (just scripts)? I'm not sure anything has real value in there....
    He's not homophobic, but if a guy gets within one meter, he'll run.