Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galway Film Fleadh 2007 shorts submission deadline

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Default Galway Film Fleadh 2007 shorts submission deadline

The 19th Galway Film Fleadh will take place from the 10th - 15th July 2007. The deadline to submit a short film (30 minutes or less) is 18th May 2007.

Due to the popularity of the shorts competition submissions are restricted to Irish Shorts only.

Short film entry form here:
    http://www.galwayfilmfleadh.com/asse...horts_form.pdf

For more information go to the Galway Film Fleadh website: http://www.galwayfilmfleadh.com/home.htm.

Well I'm going to be entering 'Detached' to Galway this year.

Anyone else sending in anything? It's a great festival, always really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Cian McGarrigle; 11th May 2007 at 17:45. Reason: Cause I can't frickin' spell 'entering' properly - 'entertaining'? What the hell dude?

Smile meet-up

Since a lot of people go to the Fleadh (I live in Co. Galway so I'll be there), why don't we arrange some kind of FilmmakersNetwork meet-up? I'm sure a lot of the message board's members will be along. We could get stickers and write our board nicknames on them to help identify each other.

Plus, I should remind people that the Stella Artois Pitching Awards will be held at the Fleadh again this year, with a whopping 5 grand for the winner. The deadline for submissions is June 15.

This Stella Artois competition could also be good incentive for aspiring folk to hone their pitching skills at the next FMN Sit In.
    I had a little complication with my complication

Is it worth re-submitting a short that's already been rejected to the Film Fleadh Short Film Competition? Could something like what happened Davidian in his Filmbase script submission happen.*

*Apologies for the atrocious English. My brain's running slow.

Probably not Paudie. I think they might stipulate that in the entry form (not sure though - maybe it was on the Cork one I read it).

But I know that most festivals, once a film has been rejected, generally won't view it again. Although I'm open to correction but that's the way I've aways seen it.

Yeah, to be honest I thought I'd seen something like that last year but again couldn't rememebr which submission form I saw it on.
    Ah well, guess I better just get the finger out and just make a new short.

ah crap, got my PFO letter this morning for "Turn" ...I didn't want to go anyway!

Hard luck dude!

I'll be down this year for sure - would be nice to meet some of you.

Hey all!

Just found out my film The Formorian got accepted into Galway! Am really delighted.

Where the hell is the postman?

No rejection or acceptance letter again for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aideen McCarthy View Post
    Hey all!

Just found out my film The Formorian got accepted into Galway! Am really delighted.
    Well done Aideen. It's a really beautiful movie.

Congrats Aideen. Definitely deserves a screening.

StephenMurphy

Heart

You rock!!

Good work Aideen (and Steve & crew) - it just looks so eerie and cool - great job guys. Not sure if Galway is a goer for me this year but going to try make it up for the weekend shorts (crossing all fingers here).

Well done Aideen - up and up.

Just heard from Galway that 'Detached' is going to be screened. :

Great stuff. Looking forward to actually making it down for my short's screening this year instead of hearing second hand how it went down with the audience.

Roll on July!

Well done sir!

Well done Cian. Enjoy it.

Nice one Cian ... the postman finally brought that letter! Good news and I'll see you there mate if we manage to work out who's who ... are nametags frowned upon?