Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filmmakers Network Meeting at the Fleadh

Default Filmmakers Network Meeting at the Fleadh

HI everyone,

How about a get together at the Fleadh ? - Put a face to the name (so to speak)

Maybe not just a single meeting but arrangements to meet.

Let me begin:

I have 2 films showing on Wed 6th in Way out West (Express Checkout & Ticket to Ride)

After the showing I'll wait in the coffee / bar upstairs ( go into the bar and continue straight through to the second room)

Lets have a coffee & a chat and talk about Fleadh selections getting funding or the shorts we have just watched.

If it works out - it might work after ALL the short showing ? Either way - have a good Fleadh.

Indicate on this thread what film you have showing (or not) and if you will meet for a coffee.
    Kevin Glynn - Galway

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Sounds good.

I'll be down Fri/Sat/Sun. So naturally won't make the Way Out West screening or the coffee/chat afterwards. But I'll be around after the other shorts screenings though. If anyone recognises me feel free to come over an say hello.

Good idea. I'll be around from Wednesday evening so I'll hopefully catch up with ye and other FNM members about the place

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Wonder if it's a good idea to pick a pub and a time in the afternoon/evening for an informal meeting. Maybe Friday eve?

hey kevin,
    glimmer was down to be shown in way out west, but i havent a bulls notion of how to put the short onto mini dv,(total novice) i'm sure i'll have it sorted for next year =) anyways it wont be shown now cause they cant play dvds in the town hall,
    i wont make it up this year, hope the meet goes well, well done with your 2 shorts, i'm sure i'll see ya around,

Kevin, I have one in "Way Out West" so I'll see you upstairs after.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by michaelkelly80 View Post
    hey kevin,
    glimmer was down to be shown in way out west, but i havent a bulls notion of how to put the short onto mini dv,(total novice) i'm sure i'll have it sorted for next year =) anyways it wont be shown now cause they cant play dvds in the town hall,
    i wont make it up this year, hope the meet goes well, well done with your 2 shorts, i'm sure i'll see ya around,
    Michael - you can export to miniDV from Premiere Pro once it is hooked up to a miniDV camcorder. I amn't sure how to do it with Final Cut, but it is under the FILE/EXPORT options in Premiere if you have it.

cheers,
    i'm using vegas pro 10, i'm sure i could do it on that but i dont have anything in relation to a tape camcorder or player. its something i'll have to get my hands on if i wanna stay in the short film making business, i'm just learning the hard way is all =)
    thanks again though

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

So how about that Fri eve meet up? Might bring a cake along to celebrate FmN.ie's 5th birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Butler View Post
    So how about that Fri eve meet up? Might bring a cake along to celebrate FmN.ie's 5th birthday!
    Sounds good to me

I'm hoping to catch as many FMN films as possible this week so will probably be in the bar after as well!

I have one in the shorts at 10am on Thursday morning "The Normandy Express" and a fleeting part in the IFB short "Buddy" on Saturday! (My six year is also in it!)

Hope to catch up and put a face to the names!

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Idea for pub near the Town Hall? Maybe McSwiggans on Friday at 5pm?
    Let us know if you're going to pop in then so I'll know how much cake to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Butler View Post
    Idea for pub near the Town Hall? Maybe McSwiggans on Friday at 5pm?
    Let us know if you're going to pop in then so I'll know how much cake to bring.
    I'll pop in alright - but I'll be a bit later as I'm going to the "PACKAGING EUROPEAN PROJECTS FOR THE US MARKET" talk in the Radisson at 4.30. I'll pop in afterwards

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Okay sounds like a good talk. Could move drink (& cake) 'til 6pm? Anyone else thinking of dropping in?

Bring some cake for me! Either time suits me.

will pop in if I'm not busy..
    "Why the f**king Coat?!"

OK - 6 on Friday in McSwiggins - Pints & Cake on Jason - Cheers

I'll be in the coffee bar - upstairs Town Hall tomorrow after the shorts - Say Hello !

Kevin
    Kevin Glynn - Galway

We all met in McSwiggins & Jason brought cake - Good Man !!

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you ooooo - do del do do do do

Ye might have guessed - the festival club was great fun
    Kevin Glynn - Galway

Why did I only check this now!!!!!!!!

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!