Thread: Who's going to Galway Film Fleadh?

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Default Who's going to Galway Film Fleadh?

Okay so who's going to the Fleadh this year?

When are you going to be around and what are you up, what films you planning on seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Butler View Post
    Okay so who's going to the Fleadh this year?

When you are you going to be around and what are you up, what films you planning on seeing?
    I'm there
    Real Deal
    New Media
    Director's masterclass

and a series of meetings

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

I'm going down Friday night.
    Try and catch as many shorts as possible on the Saturday. Avail of the free drink courtesy of the Film Board. Hopefully get to see a film or two and do some networking, meet up with other FN.ie members.

Haven't booked any tickets for anything yet or even been keeping up on the Masterclasses etc... Been far too busy with work unfortunately.

I'm away for a week on my hols (hooray!) tomorrow and so won't be back until Thursday 12th.

StephenMurphy

Ill be there friday and some of saturday. Might see you at the boat club or at the sat shorts.

I'll be there... Friends have films in the running. PM me your numbers and we can all meet up for a drink...

Priscilla

Going down on Thursday evening and staying until Monday. Short in on Friday morning and going to check out all the other ones I can too as well as hitting the Film Board soiree and the Rowing Club most nights.

We should have a mini-get together of FN.ie members alright.

I shall be there from Wednesday right through until Sunday ...

Reel Deal
    Terry George Masterclass
    Kings (I worked in the art dept)
    Shorts on Saturday (my film is 'Checkout')

When and where is the Film Board soiree? I remember it was at the Radison last year but it was just kind of a 'word of mouth' invite

- Brian

Damn, it sounds like it's gonna be a fun one. I was planning on going but stuff clashed with it.

Best of luck with your respective (and hopefully respected!) films guys. Keep us posted on how it goes/went.
    I had a little complication with my complication

Hi Guys,

Myself, Jordan and the Doc are considering renting a car and driving down to Gaillimh but we can't drive!!!

We need a get-away driver (who goes free) and possibly one more passenger (who's willing to chip in 25 squid for the car rental fee and our company!!!) If you do the math this is half the price of the smelly, packed train and twice the comfort (approximately)...

pm me if you're interested.

we also need somewhere to stay...

Hey all,

I'll be going down there on the 13th and coming back to Dublin on the 14th. See you down there. Formorian screening on Saturday morning at 11.40 in Town Hall.

Writer
    Ireland-UK-France-Australia

Thinking of spending Saturday down there. We'll see.

Feature film "Our Wonderful Home" by Ivan Kavanagh to screen at 7p.m. on Friday July 11th in the Town Hall.

Myself and several other FN.ie members worked on this one, so if your down there go check it out!

Andrew

Hope to see the shorts (Fri &Sat), Out of the Blue from NewZealand, and any Irish films I can. I'll make a special effort to check out 'Our Wonderful Home' since androl mentioned it.

I hope it's easy to get tickets on the day I hate agonising over choices, making a decision and being told I have to rethink.

I'm always suspect of masterclasses - those scorsese on scorsese type books seem masterclass enough for me (and you can make little notes in the margins and reread them whenever you want). What else would you want?