Thread: Tubidy new Late Late Host

Default Tubidy new Late Late Host

No....

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0511/latelateshow.html

Why didn't Miriam O'Callaghan or Gráinne Seoige get it? I can't be wrong in saying that everyone accepts hes not a good TV presenter...

shooter/cutter/scribbler
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

God, he is literally the last person I'd pick, I had my fingers crossed for Ray D'Arcy.
    I don't know anyone who thinks he's a good presenter or interviewer
    I gots a horror site - underyourbed.org

Tubridy reminds me of the smart alec in school who is full of himself for no apparent reason... My personal choice would have been Dara O Briain or Dunphy.

I used to like Tubridy's breakfast show on 2fm a few years back, he was quite witty, didn't play too much crappy chart music and made a change from the other Tony Blackburn-alikes on the radio. But the transition to TV hasn't really worked, unless you're Ryan himself then it's a case of Kerching!! Thank you very much.

Maybe he is just better suited to radio or maybe it has something to do with the fact that all RTE chat shows are terrible and the guest line up normally consists of some dull politician or some RTE staff rounded up in the RTE canteen who are there to plug their own RTE show.....on RTE......made by RTE...........you get my drift

Oh....let us not forget the comic genius (and I use that term very loosely) that is Brendan O'Carroll who shows up every couple of weeks touting the "hilarious" Mrs. Brown in whatever the latest reincarnation is......... "Mrs. Brown's Boys Roide Again, Just for D' Crack" alternatively known as "Flogging a Dead Horse"

I'm personally delighted I had money on him to get the job!

Default Tubridy is Fab! What's your problem?

I can only think that people who say that Ryan Tubridy is not good are either one of two things :-(a) Jealous (b) Brain dead?
    The guy is a breath of fresh air, he's so talented and down to earth. Ryan is an asset to RTE, and thank God management there had the wherewithall to recognise the fact and give him the much deserved 'Late Late' slot.

All hail Ryan Tubridy!

Tony

Its fairly obvious that he would move up the chain from the Saturday night slot to friday, as did Kenny. It will be more interesting to see who takes his slot.

Hes not that bad in fairness, hes a bit warmer and more easily intimate an interviewer than Kenny, which is a good thing. I can see why people take a dislike to his character, but maybe he might step up the job and perhaps mature with the show as it goes along.
    One thing hes not afraid to do is critisize a person and churn out a bit of an argument, something Gay Byrne was great at.
    Hel be a breath of fresh air from Pat Kenny.

Should have gone to Marian Finnucane-

She can do the current affairs and she can do the personal.

She doesn't try to impress with her wit like Tubridy does. The best people in the job are like Gay Byrne or Parkinson. They get on with the job and don't reveal much of themselves. With Tubridy I could probably write his biography even though I try to avoid him...

Ah well... There is little as depressing as lack of imagination which is exactly what this decision stinks of...

Ruairiob.

I think it's an improvement on the present presenter who i could just never take to.

My own choice would have been Miriam O'Callaghan . She probably will never present it now. Ryan could last longer than Gaybo did. Maybe they should have tried get him back for a year.
    Film Blog
    Writing Blog

__________________________________________________ _____
    Just Shoot It.

shooter/cutter/scribbler
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

I wrote a letter into the Metro that was printed today regarding this issue, I think you'll find it's fair and intellectually throught out. (that's a lie)

And Tony by your logic we're jealous of anyone remotely successful, the guys a wally, that's all.
    As Ruairi says, he tries to be witty but he ain't.
    I gots a horror site - underyourbed.org