Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FmN.ie Dublin Film Fringe

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Default FmN.ie Dublin Film Fringe

After the astounding success of the the Galway Fringe Fleadh, FilmmmakersNetwork.ie are going to organise the first Dublin Film Fringe Festival. The event will coincide with the official JDIFF 18th Feb - 28th Feb 2010.

All things like venue and number of events still up in the air at the moment but we should get the ball rolling as soon as possible. Again I think short films should be our focus especially as the JDIFF don't really do shorts in the same way as Cork, Galway, Belfast etc... Though maybe we'll look at screening some other types of films - features?

So first up you can start getting your shorts ready for sending in. No "Ones That Got Away" requirement this time but I think we'll prioritise "fresh" films. Shorts that have done the rounds in other festivals recently or are getting on a bit will be less likely to be selected. That said maybe a "Golden Oldies" or "Greatest Hits" event could be good.

Like Galway Fringe Fleadh, the films will be selected on merit and we'll try and squeeze as many of our members films in as possible.

As it'll be 2010 (the year of the second Space Odyssey) we'll be projecting films in HD - probably from a hard drive so ideally we'd get a HD version of your film in a quicktime/avi format as well as a DVD copy for preview. Full details on submission process including the entry form will be posted up very soon.

Lastly for now I'd like to have a meeting to get a team together to run this event. The Galway event was great fun so if you'd like to be involved please get in touch. Who's up for a first meeting next week?

shooter/cutter/scribbler
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Hope to have a fresh new film for it, but it was shot on DV, will non HD films have a lesser chance?

EDIT: I'm also interested in helping out, but can people involved submit a film?
    I gots a horror site - underyourbed.org

Jayo - would love to get calibre involved with this. Don't think the fests like it at all - well hasn'nt got into any! Deserves an audience - they all do. Missed the galway one through sheer lazyness. Well done for getting it together. Sounds like it'll be a success

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

People involved can submit films. Except for those on the independent selection committee.
    SD or HD films will be judged equally but if you've shot on HD your film it'll get shown as it should.

Please make suggestions ideas for the event below. Ideas for venue? Number and type of events? Etc...

I'm happy to help out, what kind of size venue are we thinking? I imagine it would be a much bigger event than the Galway Fringe though that was full it was maybe about 50 people?

I guess we could hold a few events centered around somewhere like filmbase. The recent DEAF festival worked well around there with gigs and masterclass type things.

When we going to meet?

I'd like to get involved on some level. I live in Kerry though, and have a few things going on around then, but keep me in the loop, as I'd love to help out in any way I can.

Could this be a job for google wave?
    I haven't used it succesfully yet, but we could give it a go.
    Have a good time, all of the time.

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Whose on for meeting this Thursday evening?

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Say 7:30 pm in Jack Nealons on Capel Street. (Trying to think of a quiet enough pub to meet in.)

Please post below if you're going to be along for the meeting. Thanks!

Default Brilliant, can't wait

Thats excellent Jason, I'll be interested in getting involved in that, get a buzz going in Cork. Thanks

I'd be well up for helping out so I'll be there on Thursday.

Default Meeting

Ill be around for meeting.

Tristan.

Actor/Comedian/Writer
    Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown

Sounds great. I'll be there on Thursday.

Default Yes I will attend meeting, where is it located?

Yes I will attend meeting, where is it located?

Hey, I'd love to get involved. Please email me when there's a meeting or something.

John Doran, Rathmines.

Producer/Director/Voice Artist
    Dublin City

I'd love to get involved in this - will do my best to be there and hopefully bring some other people with me!

Default vimeo and dublin film fringe

we can put the word out about the vimeo film channel this Thursday. it's a good idea.

let us know what happens with the fringe fest. I'll direct people to this site to keep an eye on any news about it,
    Mary

Can't go to meeting cos IFTA Christmas party is on that night but would be very happy to help organising so maybe suggest some jobs people who can't come on Thursday could do??!

Hi

Yeah I'd like to go to the meeting on Thursday I'd love to get involved and help out however I can

Marcus

Administrator
    Writer / Director
    Dublin City
    Blog Entries

Oops!
    Just remembered that I'm busy Thursday eve. Would Wednesday or Friday be better?

Also we seem to have a load of people wanting to get involved which is great but it may make meeting in a pub, even a quiet one, difficult. I'll try and sort out alternative meeting place.